Calling a request set from Unix shell Script

Hi All,

I want to call a concurrent request set from a shell script. I am getting the syntax error "syntax error at line 417 : `(' unexpected" in the below script.

v_request_id=fnd_request.submit_request(application => 'APPL_SHORT_NAME'
,program => 'PROGRAM_SHORT_NAME'
,description => NULL
,start_time => SYSDATE
,sub_request => FALSE);

if v\_request_id > 0 then
echo "Request submitted";
else echo "Request not submitted";
fi;

Can somebody help me in this?

if [[ $v_request_id -gt 0 ]];then

your explaination of the problem was poor. How do we know what line no. 417 is? and where exactly is the problem... So please help us in understanding the probelm better...
and use code tags for the code.

Thanks,

Also, you can't just call a PL/SQL package from the shell. You need to do it from within SQLPLUS. However, since this is an Oracle EBS concurrent request submission, you probably should use the CONCSUB utility program instead (unless it uses BI Publisher).

Sorry for the confusion. I copied the error message from the Oracle Apps instance.
Can anyone please give example of how to call the concurrent request set from a shell script.
CONCSUB utility is not installed in my shell. So it will be better if somebody guides me in fnd_request.submit_request usage.

Thanks

If CONSUB is not on your path, then you either haven't set-up your environment correctly, or you are logging-in as the wrong user.
There are so many pitfalls that you need to do a lot of reading and/or hire an Oracle EBS Technical Consultant.