C++ program through Konsole

Hey all I am new to Linux/Unix and even newer to this forum. I am currently in college and am finishing intro to computer programming (C++) and Intro to operating systems. We only touched on Unix for a couple weeks but had an old laptop lying around so I downloaded linux mint onto it and figured id explore and try and educate myself more. For my programming class for our final project we had to make a very basic game of tic-tac-toe and i was curious if there was a way I could upload that through the Konsole to play. ( I also wouldn't mind just being able to load it through the GUI as right now the only way i know how to make it work is to load it through visual studios on my windows 10 laptop.) Any input would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to share other topics that may be fun or interesting to someone that is new to this OS in general.
:cool:Thanks in advance!!:b:

What does "upload through konsole" mean? Are you having trouble compiling a cpp file, or trouble creating one in the first place?

Assuming your program is written portably, and your computer has gcc installed, you can compile a cpp file with

g++ filename.cpp -o executablefilename

and run it with

./executablefilename

If your program was written in a Microsoft IDE, it's extremely unlikely to be portable even if written portably, but might still work with a little adaptation.