Building app. to send data to website

Hi.
I plan to build an application which takes text data from a user.
It then sends this to a website, login required.

The business case being this site contains many text fields, mostly redundant to user. My application would only prompt user for necessary text.

What language, methods would you recommend?

Thanks

It's really difficult to say without seeing what you're dealing with. The raw contents of the webpage and their login methods may make or break whatever method you try.

Perl + WWW::Mechanize is sufficient in most cases like that.

I wouldnt have thought GUI design was a strong point for Perl?
What about portability of the application to users Windows environment?

---------- Post updated at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:58 PM ----------

The webpage is built in ASP.
Also the different pages of the web site does not change the URL in Address bar. I think this could be an issue.

At main page. There is two login text fields. I assume app can simply send data to these two fields directly, without any need for backend DB coding.

The site is poorly designed with many unnecessary text fields when submitting a request. In the app I will have fields for only necessary data.

---------- Post updated at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:03 PM ----------

I wouldnt have thought GUI design was a strong point for Perl?

What about portability of the application to users Windows environment? Is this an issue with Perl applications? These may sound like daft questions but I have little experience with Perl.

This is about as informative as "the webpage is blue".

How the webpage works -- HTML-wise, anyway -- not just what language it uses or what it looks like, is important.