Brother HL 2240 will no longer print

When I tried to print a document, I got a blinking light on the Brother hl 2240 printer showing error.

It has paper and I could find no jam.

I used my DVD and booted to the UM 20.04 installation. it. I did the "Try Ubuntu without installing option."

I ran Printers but could not find any other diagnostic info than what is supplied using Printers.

What else can I check for ?

Your title says "will no longer print". Does that mean it used to print on this system?

So does the manual not tell you what that error is? Is there only one error light on this printer? Have you checked the toner level?

How is the printer connected to the system? The 2240 does not support wifi/networking so is the connection USB or parallel or serial?

If you power up the printer without it being connected to the system does it show an error then? Or does it only error once print stream starts?

Yes, my printer worked fine yesterday.

I am using Brother supplied drivers.

When I power it up without the printer cable, the blinking light does come on.

So you get the gold star. :slight_smile:

This from the web:

How do you reset the error light on a Brother HL 2240?

"Open the printer front cover. Hold the Go button while turning the printer on. When the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button."

Thanks. It did not work.

The error light is still blinking.

When I have some more time, I will probably take it apart to salvage some parts.

Thanks again.

The printer is working.

I had a paper jam.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.