break out of 'if'

is it possible? because i still need to keep on reading even though i don't want to read that particular line

Your question doesn't make sense. If you are inside a while or for loop, continue will skip to the next iteration.

True. "if" doesn't iterate. If you want to break, you can use break, but, that's possible only with in the loop.

As others have said, while in a loop process there is the ability to 'skip' out. However, within an 'if', I know of no way. But, I cannot comprehend a situation where a program would even need to break out of an 'if'.

Thus, more info is required.

actually I also trying to do the same thing...

here is the codes sample:

#========================
if ($status == 0) then
#blabla...
if ($status == 0) then
goto SUBB
else
goto SUBA
endif
else
goto SUBA
endif
end

SUBA:
#blabla
exit 0 #break? exit 1?

SUBB:
if (blabla) then
#lalalala...
else goto SUBA
endif
exit 0 #break? exit 1?
#==================

I want my program to exit the SUBA and SUBB after finish running all the line inside the program..I already try use exit but the program still never stop running.. :confused:

"if" is for either "it happens" or "it doesn't". When you have more than one "elseif" statement in a script, chances are you need to start looking at other ways to write the script, maybe a case statement...

its difficult for me to use case statement because I need to check the 1st condition first before proceed to next checking ...different parameter check.

can it be done this way instead?

#========================
if ($status == 0) then
#blabla...
if ($status == 0) then
SUBB
else
SUBA
endif
else
SUBA
endif
end

SUBA()
{
#blabla
}

SUBB()
{
if (blabla) then
#lalalala...
else
SUBA
endif
}
#==================

What you have there (highlighted in red) makes no sense to me.
Without specifics and just going by status, SUBA, SUBB, and blahbla, I would write it:

if ($status == 0) then
    blahbla
fi

if ($status == 0) then
   SUBB
else
    SUBA
fi

.. or are you expecting another $status from blahbla?