Boot Sunblade 1000 from disc

Hi everyone!
so i will warn you now, i was thrown into an IT position that is a tad over my head with everything it covers mainly with linux, so i'm pretty noobish. But i need to wipe a ton of sun scsi hard drives with this sunblade 1000 and i have no idea how to boot to the dvd of solaris 10 to do that. I also cannot log in since these are ancient and i wasn't told the passwords or usernames. is there a way to boot to cd without logging in/ an easier way to wipe these hdd's?

Thanks for any info you might have!

start here for some basic information...

Sun Blade 1000 Workstation Product Library Documentation

okay, i looked through all those guides and i didn't see anything on booting from a disc lol it could have been called something else i don't recognize or just skimmed over it but i didn't see anything... That is a great link though thank you! it will help alot with other things i gotta do

---------- Post updated at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:40 PM ----------

i figured it out, pressing stop-a then typing boot cdrom did it.

If you "boot cdrom" then you will get into the O/S install routine.

To wipe hard drives better go to single user (maintenance) mode:-

At "ok" prompt

boot cdrom -s

Then, when you get a prompt use:

format

command to view disk drives and select one of them to work on.

Analyze/purge

will wipe a drive to DoD standard (5 pattern writes) which takes a long time to run.

You don't say why you want to wipe the drives or to what security level. There may be much quicker ways to do it if you only want to use the drives for something else.