Boot hangs up on solaris

Hi all,

I have a SUN server Sun-Fire-V890 running solaris 9, with a remote system console .
Both the IP adresses of the server and the console are in a private network (address 10.67.xxx).
For some reasons I need to give the access to the server from outside address 194.xxx, but I prefer that the address of the RSC remains unchanged.
So I have changed the 3 files /etc/hosts, /etc/netmasks and /etc/defaultrouter with the new address of the server as usual. And chaged nothing on the RSC configuration.
When I boot the machine the process hangs. The last message given to the console is :
Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast:add net 224.0/4: gateway octopus
and nothing happens.
The machine pings the new address, but that's all. I have no problem with the console.
My question is : is it mandatory that the 2 addresses of server and RSC are in the same VLAN or is there an other reason ?
If not which is the next step in the boot process ? I found nothing in the logs.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

maybe you should run a "sys-unconfig" and start with a fresh config... if that is not possible, check the files for typos and also check /etc/hostname.interfacename and /etc/nodename.

btw. there is no need for rsc and the other interface to be in one vlan!

Thanks for your answer.
I have found that the boot was blocked by NFS.
All is OK now
regards