Boot block corrupted then how can i solve that

HI every one,

i need some information that is if any boot block is corrupted den we have to go to ok prompt then boot from cdrom or network if ok prompt also not working at dat time wat i have to do .please any one can help me .

Thanking for reply

if you cant even see the ok> prompt, you cant do any repairs to the disk bootblk and you should fix that first. Similar to windows, if you dont get the bios, how do you boot from cdrom?

Are you on an Intel or a Sparc system?

1 Like

how can i solve dat if it is not open ok prompt also

---------- Post updated at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:50 PM ----------

sparc machines

You should be able to force your system to the OpenBoot PROM by pressing Stop+A.

you might need to serial in to do that.. btw, what's your system's model here?

hi every one

i am looking for real time documentation in solaris Troubleshooting .please any one can help me

thankyou for reply

there is alot lot in troubleshooting. unfortunately there are no documentations for that. if not, then how would partners and field engineers earn if everything is documented for you? :rolleyes:

Thakyou for ur reply
atleast tel me link

---------- Post updated at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:39 PM ----------

iam new to solaris iam preparing for interviews give me some real time scenarios wat u have faced in ur job

This might help you find what you want: Solaris Troubleshooting Guide

If you have not got the ok> prompt after a system crash there has been a major hardware failure. This does not necessarily mean that the boot disc is corrupt. Repair the hardware fault first.