Blank screen on crt

Hello
I'm new in sun and i have a liitle problem.
I buy sun enterprise 420r and connect keyboard and monitor crt (non Sun).
But when i start server i have blank screen on crt. I'm new in sun servers and i dont know why its doin this.

use a serial connection to check the server. normaly a sun has no graphical adapter and the in- and output is going over serial line.

look into kdmconfig.

how can he do that if he has NO output? as far as i understand this is maybe an OBP setting for input/output device...

o hes on a sparc so it won't even matter. :smiley:

so you are thinking something like making sure the output-device is set to screen?

use serial cable to tip into server using a notebook. if the system s not in production, halt it to get the ok prompt. check the input/output device in the printenv setings and make sure its pointing to keyboard and screen. plug in the monitor and keyboard and power up the system.

I dont have cable to connect laptop to sun, but i find that:
Serial Console on a Sun or SGI System
And i make it, but zero signal, and orange led lihgt up after start.

I connect notbook via null modem with pinouts from this site:
Null modem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And on the hyper terminal is blank.

Check your baud settings 9600, 8 , None.
Use Tera-Term. Its better than hyperTerm

I checked again pinouts nad i have a mistake whith transfer data and recive data on db9 plug. And now its working and i have a connection whit server, but now i need to instal new os because i dont know password on this because i buy it. Thanks for advice. Thread to close.

no need to install new os.
please see: http://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/85125-how-recover-root-password.html

Ok thank for another advice. Its working.