Big Brother

Have anyone heard of "Big Brother"? This is a tool to monitor system with GUI screen and ease system administration work.
It can show you whether the system have CPU more than threshold by showing a green light or red light.. You can set any checking so that it will assist to monitor and show you the red, yellow or green light.
As I have received only the installation file as well as a website, I have no idea how to install and furthermore it appears as quite complicated.
May I know if anyone have installed and can assist to install?
Or
May I know if anyone have installed other software to have system performance monitoring in 1 screen for AIX?
Thanks in advance.

Is there anyone heard of this tools?
Or is there any other shareware or free tools on net to monitor performance of AIX on GUI mode?

Do not bump up your posts.

Please read the rules.

Thanks,
ZB

Sorry, forgot the rules. Will not repost again.
Thanks for your reminder.

:)hi ,
u might have received ur tar file..
untar it using comand tar -xvf and tar filename
in that ,u will find one file as readme.install file.just read the file and follow the steps..

Probably not, if this is a tool for AIX, because AIX has its own package management system - installp. More likely the bundle will come as .bff (backup file format).

I don't know "big brother", but until now "nmon" delivers everything i have ever needed. Nmon is not an official IBM tool (like "topas"), but you can download it as freeware from the IBM site. I would strongly recommend using nmon.

bakunin

we use BigBrother, but BB has been sold and is commercial now, the new name of the free version is Hobbit ( The Hobbit Monitor )

download the package there, and use the install script, you need a compiler, rrd tool and a few other packages, I suggest using linux for the server

we use it for linux, aix, solaris, hpux, tsm, network components and so on

old bigbrother clients and ext-scripts are full compatible with hobbit

We have Big Brother here. I have inherited the system but dont know much about it. It works so I leave it alone. I would like to add some servers to it but I cant seem to find where that is done. I have read through some docs but it still seems like Greek to me.
Any help would be appreciated.

can u give me email ids of community sites and forums of big brother so that i can post my querries and get them solved..