Batch file question

EDIT: Is this wrong thread?

Hi I am on an Apple Mac and I am trying to run this batch file on my Mac and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a script that will make this run and work on my Mac. I was hoping that you could tell me the script in the shell format?

So here's the batch file:

@echo off
COLOR 04
title Cunescape Client
java -Xmx1000m -cp .;Theme.jar Gui 0 0 lowmem members 32
pause

Can YOU turn it into a shell file? And by any chance, is there any freeware program that turns DOS scripts into shell scripts?

PS I am a noob at UNIX/LINUX. I posted it here because...Experts go here.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Anybody? Does this just take a while to do or what?

Your question looks like a DOS batch file. It's not clear what it's supposed to do. The essential part is the java line, you can copy that to a file and insert a line above it which contains the text #!/bin/sh -- mark it as executable and go. This hardly counts as porting the DOS batch file but I don't think the other things it does are useful outside of DOS anyway.

It's not like you can post a badly specified problem here and expect somebody to have diagnosed and solved it two hours later. If you don't get an answer, it's usually because (1) your problem domain is unfamiliar to users of this site, (2) your question doesn't make much sense; or (3) your attitude towards the people who come here to help others dissuades them from helping you. Even so, give it a few days.

It is a DOS batch file by the way.

And would the file look like this?

#!/bin/sh --java -Xmx1000m -cp .;Theme.jar Gui 0 0 lowmem members 32

Not that sure what you meant about that.

Separate lines, e.g.

#!/bin/sh
java -Xmx1000m -cp '.;Theme.jar' Gui 0 0 lowmem members 32

To make it executable use chmod 755 filename. Note that I have added some quotes around .;Theme.jar because ; is a special character in Unix shell scripts.