Bad Checksum, Installed Mini tape on floppy controller

I'm on SCO 5.07. Just installed mini tape. Getting CMOS/GPNV checksum error when I turn on the machine and have to go into bios. I just hit f10 and I continue. When loading SCO and it get to the mini tape I get Warning: SCSI boot options ignored: Bad paremeter count. It's a QIC 80.
When in bios if i review diskette controller it only list the floppy drive. Should it list the tape drive also? Version of bios RG84510A.86A.0009.P04.0206051327. Pet, 4 1.70 GHz. If you suggeest to update bios how do I do that on a SCO machine.
Thanks in advance for any help. Mike

If you have both the diskette drive and the tape drive on the same cable, is one of them set to master, and the other slave. (same rules as with IDE, but finding the jumpers may be a problem.)
The tape drive might show up in the BIOS list. Remove the diskette drive and try again. If it now shows the tape, and the error message is gone, either do without the diskette drive, or set the jumpers (or get a diskette cable with a twist in it).
Upgrading or changing the BIOS has nothing to do with the operating system.

I did a little more research and I think the problem is that I have a P4 and SCO 5.0.5 is not compatiable.