backupios

Hello,

When i make a backupios commande to save my IOS, this command lunch a savevg but not with the option -e to use the exclude.rootvg file.

How can i use the backupios commande to exclude the file in exclude.rootvg.

Thank's.

I don't believe you can't. Only option there is to use:
-nosvg Prevents the volume groups structure of user defined volume groups from being saved as part of the backupios process.

Hope this helps

what is it that you dont want to backup from a VIO server's rootvg ?

Yes i want to backup rootvg, but i think it's not possible to exclude file with this command.:frowning:

My point was that , you will need everything on the rootvg of a VIO server to be backed up.

I have about 8 gig of CD images (.iso files) in my /var/vio/VMLibrary that I do not want going to into the backupios backup. I save the backup on my NIM server and now this VIO server's backup is WAY bigger than my others.

I want..nay "need"... to exclude the /var/vio/VMLibrary from the backupios command. I have all the physical media so I'm not worried about losing the .iso images.

How would I go about getting /var/vio/VMLibrary to be excluded from the backupios backup?

delete it!

This is the most helpful reply ever. Thanks dukessd. **sarcasm**

Anyone have any good ideas?

:slight_smile:
Well you seem to be in between a rock and a hard place.
Your VMLibrary should not be on the partition in the first place, what is it and how did it get there by a supported means? - not supported.
IBM do not provide the means to exclude an FS from the VIOS backup - because there should be no need.
You could go down the oem_setup_env / mksysb / savevg / backup route - not supported.
You could raise a Design Change Request - Ha ha.
You could delete the /VMLibrary - after backing up to your NIM server...
Why is it not on your NIM or backup server in the first place?

I created it as padmin running "mkrep -sp rootvg -size 16G"
We only have rootvg on our VIO servers. All our VIO servers are installed on mirrored internal 140 gig disks. Even with this 16 gig filesystem, I still have over 100 gig free. I'd rather keep the images on my VIO server because of all the unused space they have.

I guess I'll just have to get more DASD space on my NIM server to hold the backupios backups with the disk images included.... shesh... oh well.