awk question for printing variables

Hi All,
I have the following awk code where I am passing 4 variables to the program and I need to print them in the awk script.
The variables are $start_month $start_date - $end_month $end_date.

printf("\tFor More Information\n") > out_tmp1
printf("\tIf you have any questions about this letter, please call Customer\n") > out_tmp1 
printf("\tRelations at 1-800-701-95677 (TTY 1-800-234-9232).  Representatives\n") > out_tmp1 
printf("\tare available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (Representatives\n") > out_tmp1
printf("\tare available 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. from \n") > out_tmp1
printf("\t %s %s %s %s $start_month $start_date - $end_month $end_date.) After hours and on holidays,\n") > out_tmp1 
printf("\tplease leave a message and a representative will return your call on\n") > out_tmp1
printf("\tthe next business day.\n") > out_tmp1
printf("\t\n") > out_tmp1  

I would appreciate if someone can lt me know the right way of doing it.

you can pass variable like this..

awk -v SM="$start_month" -v SD="$start_date" -v EM="$end_month" -v ED="$end_date" '{print SM,SD,EM,ED}' file

Yes. I have passed the variables from shell script to awk.It's the printing from awk that is a problem.

Is this correct ?

printf("\t %s %s %s %s $start_month $start_date - $end_month $end_date.) After hours and on holidays,\n") > out_tmp1 

just see above in my example...

google : printf awk
first result : Printf Examples - The GNU Awk User's Guide

moreover a ">" delete the file and write the line. So if you want to add a line you must use ">>"

Appreciate the help! But I am facing syntax issues.Can someone help please.I am sending 4 variables SM,SD,EM,ED through a shell script to the awk file.

printf {"\t%s %s %s %s\n", "$SM,$SD,"-"$EM,$ED" After hours and on holidays,\n") > out_tmp1 

printf("\t"8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. (From" "%s %s %s %s\n", $SM,$SD,"-"$EM,$ED" "representatives"\n") > out_tmp1    

it's already been answered in the current thread.