Autosys Scheduler- Running job at particular time

Hi Experts,

I am new to Autosys. I created a Autosys box job to run at 10 AM daily. As scheduled, the job starts on time.

There is another box job inside the box. I have scheduled it to run at 11 AM but it kicks off automatically with the main job at 10 AM.

insert_job: Main-job   job_type: b
owner: XXXX
permission: gx
date_conditions: 1
days_of_week: all
start_times: "10:01"
alarm_if_fail: 1

<< couple of more box jobs that needs to run once the main job kicks off >>

insert_job: pull-files   job_type: b
box_name: Main-job
owner: XXXX
permission: gx
start_times: "11:30"
alarm_if_fail: 1

I want the pull-files job to start at 11:30 only but it starts at 10:00. Can you please guide me on what I am doing wrong and how to resolve it.

I need the pull-files box to me in Main-job. I don't want it to be another independent box.

Thanks,
PK

In Autosys whenever the main box kicks off, all the sub boxes should be in running status and command/FW jobs will be either in RU or AC Status. So if you need the Sub-box to kick of at 11:30 instead at 10:00 then move the start time condition from the box job pull-files to the first job inside that box. so that even if the box pull-files started at 10:00 the jobs inside that box will be in AC status till 11:30 and will start to run per time condition

In order to execute the Boxes to run as per the schedule, please schedule the Boxes to run at the required start-times. If you want the sub box to run at 11:30 AM LT, why the main box is scheduled to run at 10:00 AM LT? You can trigger the Main box itself to run at 11:30.

The scenario you explained above is called Pending Run in Autosys. It happens when the main box stopped running before even the sub box started. So, from then the sub box is experiencing the pending run here. I suggest to use update option in Autosys CLI to update the start time of the sub box before 10 AM LT.

Let me know in case of any questions.