Autosys question

Hello,

Can I store my log file on my script directory?

For example I have a jil file like this ..

---script abc ---
insert_job: test1 job_type: c
command: /scripts/abc/test.ksh
machine: machine2
owner: owner@machine
permission: mx
std_out_file: I want the log to be saved on (/scripts/abc) ..
alarm_if_fail: 1

I know I can just hard code it, but I might change my script directory later .. so can i do something like $command$ but trim the script?

Thanks

I am new for autosys. I want to know that ,Is it possible that any job can dependend on box job result..because i getting 7 file through CFT and i have to upload this file in table.I already dev shell for upload file in database.for this first i am creating the box job that contian the 7 file watcher jobs.once box get success can I tgigger the shell base on box job success and failure.......help me

Regards
Arpit

---------- Post updated at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:50 AM ----------

I am new for autosys. I want to know that ,Is it possible that any job can dependend on box job result..because i getting 7 file through CFT and i have to upload this file in table.I already dev shell for upload file in database.for this first i am creating the box job that contian the 7 file watcher jobs.once box get success can I tgigger the shell base on box job success and failure.......help me

Regards
Arpit
[/quote]

answer to both is yes..

@arex986: Yes you can store logs in script directory, can parametrize it as well, but the parameter has to be an Autosys Global Variable

@Arpit: yes you can put box job as a condition to other box job, or even command or FW job