Autosys help on Unix server

Hi,

I've few simple questions related to Autosys 4.5. Thought you may be knowing about this. Can you pl. help me in this regard?

Questions:
If I stop Autosys instance systematically thru' the necessary autosys command,
1) What will happen to the autosys job(assume this job runs for 5mins only) which are scheduled to run during that point of time, when instance were down.

2) Once instance is down for 4 hours, what will happen to the job which are scheduled to run after 30 mins or 3 hours? Will that autosys job will run once the instance is restarted and is up & running after 4 hours.
Will I need to forcestart job in that case or autosys will automatically start the job?

3) What will happen to these jobs, if the instance is down suddenly( due to power outage), will I need to restart these autosys jobs manually or this will be taken care of autosys instance automatically.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike

1) What will happen to the autosys job(assume this job runs for 5mins only) which are scheduled to run during that point of time, when instance were down.

If the job was already running when the event processor goes down it will continue on the client. When the event processor restarts it will attempt to find the status of the job. If the job is set to run when the event processor is down it will not run.

2) Once instance is down for 4 hours, what will happen to the job which are scheduled to run after 30 mins or 3 hours? Will that autosys job will run once the instance is restarted and is up & running after 4 hours.
Will I need to forcestart job in that case or autosys will automatically start the job?

Any jobs that were set to run when the event processor was down will have to be rescheduled or force started.

3) What will happen to these jobs, if the instance is down suddenly( due to power outage), will I need to restart these autosys jobs manually or this will be taken care of autosys instance automatically.

See my answer for question #1.

Thank you Chemmah for great help.