autorep command in autosys

hi,

i have autosys installed on unix.
i use "autorep -j t8i%" command to see the scheduled jobs. now i have changed some of the jobs and saved them too.
i gave the command jil< filename.jil to again insert the jobs. but my problem is what is the command to run all the jobs again so that i can test whether the changes i have made are working or not.

is there any document on jil files, autorep can any one plz send it to me.

thanks,
teja.

I'm a little worried here. You're updating JIL, but you don't know how to run an autosys job?
Anyways, to run the jobs, you need to either go into the Autosys GUI or run a sendevent command from the command line.

I don't have any documents on autorep or JIL, but you can definitely get them from the vendor, Computer Associates.

How to find the last 20 runs of a particular jobs .. this is just to track how long it took to run in the previous runs

for example : autorep -j jobname WILL give me the last run .. but to get the prevoius runs in autosys like this job is repeated and it runs everyday ..

is there any command to get the status of a job which ran in 20 days

Thanks!!

autorep -j JOb -r -20

Regards

Hi

i think i am not getting the exact answer for it ..

i have some jobs which have ran sometime back for example 20 days ago ..

but when i give this command

autorep -j jobname it gives me only last run .. but i also neeed the run date and time 20 days ago ...

Please help me in this

Thanks in advance!!

to force start an autosys job (that is to start it now) type

sendevent -E STARTJOB -J <jobname>

hi,
i have a question related to 'autorep' command

How can i use unix shell command to get the autosys commands
for a set of given jobs?

autorep -J EMP% -w
returns all autosys jobnames starting with EMP and runtimes

However, i also want to see the autosys 'command' corresponding to the above jobs.

I don't want to sql query the autosys database

Thanks,
-srinivas yelamanchili

Hi,
i got the answer

autorep -J EMP% -q
returns all autosys jobnames starting with EMP and their
corresponding attributes like command, machine, ...

Thanks

Hello,

How do I generate a report using autorep only for a few selected jobs from various boxes. Using a wild card (%) does not work because nothing is common in the jobs I want to be listed. Listing multiple jobs next to each other with a space in between on the autorep -j command is only working for the first job name. Using comma in between the jobs is an incorrect syntax for autorep. Please let me know if you have suggestions. Can I list all these jobs names in a particular file and use the file name in the autorep?

autorep -j job1 : This works
autorep -j job1 job2 : Only reports the first job
autorep -j job1, job2 : Does not work

Thanks,

mwilson