Autojump with modified bash prompt

I use the .bashrc file from this thread.
Direct link to the archive containing the ultimate bashrc
I am trying to use autojump, but it will not autoload the directories to the autojump list as the custom prompt is not compatible.
Here is the thread on the issue from other users.
apt - Autojump in 12.04 doesn't work - Ask Ubuntu

I tried using the change and adding to my .bashrc, but it does not work.

Further, if you modified something, it'd be nice to know modified from what, to what.

Dear genehunter,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-

• Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What did the threads on other boards suggest?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)

Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all. Now, some members may get upset at links to other discussion boards ("hey wife, my mistress says this" type discussions) but I'm not overly bothered, however it would be more polite and constructive to show us this issues you are having, what you have tried and what the overall objective is for you rather than pointing us to other threads that do not do what you want, even though you don't tell us quite what you want and what symptoms you have.

Can we even assume this is an Ubuntu issue? it would be good to know OS version for a starter.

Kind regards,
Robin

1 Like