Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi,

I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your reference :

# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-bond1
DEVICE=bond1
IPADDR=x.x.x.x
NETMASK=x.x.x.x
#GATEWAY=x.x.x.x
IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6ADDR=xxxx:xxxx:abcd:xxxx:xx:xx:xx:xxx
IPV6_DEFAULTGW=xxxx:xxxx:abcd:xxxx:xx:xx:xx:xxx
USERCTL=no
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
BONDING_OPTS="mode=4 miimon=100 xmit_hash_policy=1"
MTU=9000

where abcd is the correct and new ipv6 address which i should see in ifconfig command output , but post network restart and reload i can see below output where efgh which was old ipv6 address :

# ifconfig bond1
bond1     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
          inet addr:xx.xx.xx.xxx  Bcast:xx.xx.xx.xxx  Mask:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
          inet6 addr: xxxx:xxx:abcd:xxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxx/64 Scope:Global
          inet6 addr: xxxx::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx/64 Scope:Link
          inet6 addr: xxxx:xxx:efgh:xxx:xx:xx:xx:xxx/64 Scope:Global
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MASTER MULTICAST  MTU:9000  Metric:1
          RX packets:9038660506 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:12779501600 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:619072218642 (576.5 GiB)  TX bytes:15842973892775 (14.4 TiB)

please let me know what needs to be done in order to only reflect new 'abcd' ipv6 in ipconfig command output ?

You haven't said which system you use but from the output format i suppose it is some Linux-derivate.

It is common to configure network interfaces in via scripts/scriptlets in /etc/sysconfig/... but i suppose (part of) your configuration (the old part) is/was also duplicated in some other part of the system initialisation, probably in some rc-script somewhere in /etc/rc.d . Perhaps this didn't show p because the two competing configurations were effectively the same. Now that you have changed one of them they create two different configurations.

If this is the case you should simply remove that other configuration and rely on /etc/sysconfig and the procedures using it.

I hope this helps.

bakunin