ASCII comma-delimited

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
    Hi Guys,

I am new on the scripting world and would like ask for help if you can.

Here are my questions below.

1) What Unix commmand(s) would you put in a shell script to read an ASCII comma-delimited input file and validate that field 5 only contains numeric characters?

2) What Unix command(s) would you use from the command line to find all files underneath a given path that have duplicate lines of data?

1. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

Perl, awk, cut, uniq

1. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

Tried this command to tell you honestly I am not sure if this is the right command.

1. sed -e 's/^/| /' -e 's/,/,| /g' -e 's/$/,|/' inputfile | column -t -s,

2 . find . -type f -name '*f*' | sed -r 's|/[^/]+$||' |sort |uniq

1. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

This is a work related question some how like a personal research. I was inform by Don Cragun to go here :slight_smile:

Note: Without school/professor/course information, you will be banned if you post here! You must complete the entire template (not just parts of it).

No, I said this question should be moved here IF this was a homework assignment. Since it is not, this thread is closed. The discussion can continue in the original thread here.