Apt-get

Want to install APACHE but it's saying command is not found using centos

We don't want to guess what command you issued and how the output looks. Because of that, you might post both using code tags.

Hello,
use YUM :

-------------

12.2. yum Commands

yum commands are typically run as yum <command> <package name/s>. 
By default, yum will automatically attempt to check all configured repositories 
to resolve all package dependencies during an installation/upgrade.

The following is a list of the most commonly-used yum commands. 
For a complete list of available yum commands, refer to man yum.

yum install <package name/s>

Used to install the latest version of a package or group of packages. 
If no package matches the specified package name(s), they are assumed to be a shell 
glob, and any matches are then installed.

yum update <package name/s>
Used to update the specified packages to the latest available version. 
If no package name/s are specified, then yum will attempt to update all installed packages.

If the --obsoletes option is used (i.e. yum --obsoletes <package name/s>, yum will process 
obsolete packages. As such, packages that are obsoleted accross updates will be removed and replaced accordingly.

yum check-update
This command allows you to determine whether any updates are available for your installed packages. 
yum returns a list of all package updates from all repositories if any are available.

yum remove <package name/s>
Used to remove specified packages, along with any other packages dependent on the packages being removed.

Regards

1 Like

I just read up - so yum is the Default packet manager on CentOS. I wonder why you want to use apt then. apt is usually on Debian-like systems.

yum is in fact a frontend for rpm , which is the package manager for RedHat-like systeme (one of which is CentOS). apt-get is the package manager for Debian-based systems.

I hope this helps.

bakunin