Application services not starting with server reboot

Hi All,
My application uses three different sub-services to make complete application up and running to normal.
The entry of all the three services are present in /etc/init.d directory with proper softlink created to application home path where it actually exists.
In one rare case one of the service was not starting after server reboot. I removed and created softlink again but it dint helped, though if I ran it from application path (service command location) it works fine .
OS is Linux kernel 3.16.0-69-generic (Ubuntu 14.04). I didn't ever worked on Ubuntu so I don't know if chkconfig works on Ubuntu and how to clear the stale files before the services are started while booting in Ubuntu.
OS boot log and applcation wrapper log doesn't show helpful information.

Kindly requesting to guide/explain concept(application service startup procedure) and possible resolution for this issue .

Thanks in advance,
hari

Dear hk_kamozalwar,

I regret that my crystal ball is all foggy today so I have a few to questions pose in response first:-

• What have you tried so far? Details/illustrations please.
  • What is meant to start?
  • What output/errors do you get during the boot?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What logical process are you trying to achieve?

Kind regards,
Robin

Hi Robbert,
Thanks for listening my concern, Please find the answers as below

What have you tried so far? Details/illustrations please./What output/errors do you get during the boot?

• Checked OS boot log and Application wrapper logs which didn't show any clue or error message about issue.
  • Unlinked and recreated the symbolic link again for application servoces in /etc/init.d.
  • Checked #service --status-all, but it didn't include application service in it's listing.
  • No error is there to capture or relate

What is meant to start?

• Required service/process didn't reinstating after server reboot.

What OS and version are you using?

• Linux kernel 3.16.0-69-generic (Ubuntu 14.04).

What logical process are you trying to achieve?
When ps -ef |grep <service name> , should show two process id, one for pid initiated by wrapper file and additional one Java Application process.

Thanks in advance.
hari

The first google hit for 'ubuntu chkconfig' tells me that ubuntu does not use chkconfig, it uses update-rc.d, which you run like this:

# Effectively, to 'install' something you put in /etc/init.d/
update-rc.d servicename defaults
# To add a service to a runlevel
update-rc.d servicename enable 2
# To remove a service from a runlevel
update-rc.d servicename disable 2

I think 2 is the normal runlevel on Ubuntu, this can differ from distro to distro, try /sbin/runlevel (as normal user) to see what runlevel you are right now.