Apache auth question

While not technically a unix question, I was hoping for some help from you all-

I've got an Apache 1.3.x server, and I am using basic auth from the pam_auth module and winbind on the back of that. What I get is a relaly sleek authentication for my Windos domain users, however, as they are wont to do, they complain endlessly about the login popup box that doesn't automatically prepend the domain name and separator in front of their username, so they are forced to type 10 or so extra characters (my heart goes out to them, it's so mean to make the illiterate learn to do something that taxes their mind). Regardless, since I'm such a bleeding heart sysadmin, I'm looking into prepending the info, but I don't believe it to be possible given that the popup is the browser responding to the challenge from the server, and the server really has nothing to do with what comes up there, my only glimmer of hope is that the popup shows the "realm" defined in the httpd.conf, so I'm hoping that I can get the browser to pull back more than that.
I'm not interested in developing anything, just if there is a way to config this into Apache/PAM/SMB/winbind, I'd be more tahn ok with that.

TIA for your time and effort,

loadc

I don't believe so. The dialog box that pops up is completely client-controlled.