Anyone using GNU BSD?

Is anyone using or planning to use GNU BSD in production yet? I'd like to hear experiences. (Debian GNU/NetBSD)

I want to have a try, but in fact I know litter about it

whats the point of gnubsd? just like the debian userland over the netbsd kernel? trying to make a more desktop friendly netbsd?

I second that notion. There's no point to moving the BSDs over to a distribution-style ideology. They're fine as complete operating systems.

lol and xxx i wouldnt want to move ANYTHING debian over to netbsd. debian is a cold hearted xxxx. i would imagine that combining all the netbsd xxxx with the debian xxxxx that it would cause mass confusion. possibly even the end of the world as we know it.

have a try

Yea i third that notion :smiley:
BSD is an excellent OS on its own
Their layout is much more elegant and neater and well documented than any GNU/Linux system hence no need to move their stuff over.

I didn't think the words ``GNU'' and ``BSD'' could form a term together without exploding.

i changed from debian to freebsd as my favorite pc-based free os because installing debian on a production server in '98 was making me want to tear out my teeth in frustration. YMMV.