Any suggested readings on Computer Networks

Hi!
I wanted to go deeper in how computer networks works. Went through many well known books. Liked Computer Networks by Andrew S Tanenbaum. However he only covered theoretical concepts but what I required was implementation. I also went through TCP/IP illustrated series. They were excellent but quit outdated I suppose(1990-1995, still talking about SLIP etc.,not updated may be due to untimely death of author:(). However its second part was exactly the type I required(with real-time codes from BSD implementation.).
Could any kind reader suggest me any such modern text with major focus on implementation of TCP/IP. Thanks in advance.

P.S.:

1. Please don't mention RFC. Already know abt them.

skoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks for replying Sauravbh. Although was unable to understand what you wrote in this edited message, I got your original message from my mail. Yes, after few readings I also found Steven's book interesting. However can you kindly guide me with how to go about reading these volumes. Should I go in order or start with 2nd volume and refer to 1st as need arises. Only constraint with me is time as I have only 15 days of winter vacation left in which I want to cover this subject. After that you know our Indian education system (sem+exam+...infinity:D).

dheeraj can you pl tell me wat those books are ? and if u hve like ebooks for them please. I would appreciate it. thanks

Well those books are about computer networks and protocols...
tanenbaum -> Computer Networks->General Introduction about Computer Networks and OSI protocols.

Stevens->TCP/IP illustrated 1,2,3->TCP/IP protocol... both theory and original coding/implelmentation of BSD tcp/ip stack (classic but quite old)

Well don't know about ebooks(but may get on torrent or rapidshare, although I don't support such means:D). However you may find many good introductory sites providing free material on this subject. Wikipedia and Google are best friends here too.
Cheers:b:

Hi,

I've many my colleagues suggesting Comers books for TCP/IP, though I haven't read I still have a strong opinion for the same

Thanks,
Nagarajan G