Any Good resources to learn Python

Hi Guys,

I will be doing my masters in Comp science in a few months. I would like to get intimate with python by ideally doing a project based tutorial. Is there any good resource for learning python with an end project in mind. ?

I've generally found O'Reilly books to be well put together with examples to lead you through. There may be access to sections of the books on the internet to see if you like them. Some retailers let you preview, so to speak.

There are doubtless many other sources too that a carefully crafted search may get you. Phrases such a "python introduction" or similar may get better results that too many more common words.

Regards,
Robin

Hi.

This provided the motivation for me to update my database of books. Some time ago when I worked at a training center, we had a Python course. We provided O'Reilly's Learning Python, 1st edition. The course ran perhaps 3 times, and we dropped it for lack of interest. At that time, perl was in ascendancy, so we concentrated on it (I still like perl for quick solutions). Currently, Python seems better-suited to projects that are engineered, and, in the last few years, has passed perl in popularity.

I recently became re-interested in Python, and of the many books available (I usually look at reviews at Amazon), I found the items below to serve my interests:

Note that one of them is free in the Kindle edition. You can read Kindle editions on many platforms (I use an iPad, for example, in addition to a Kindle). There are also PC apps to read Kindle books. I think you will need a Kindle account, however, but it is free.

Good luck ... cheers, drl

Heya, i found these links very helpfull:
The Python Tutorial
Learn Python The Hard Way

hth

Also a quick search on the internet will direct you to a lot of video tutorials too.