Analogues applications between Windows Application to Linux

Hi Guys
I have a network where exist differences windows applications like
Active Directory (to management the profile of each person)
DNS

Well, as you know for these applications the company must be, every year, buy licenses.
I want know what option exist I could test / evaluate with the aim of remove the AD and the DNS

I appreciate your comments / suggestion

Best Regards

You have the chance to go opensource using Linux platforms with DNS and a opensource LDAP... But you are using Windows server...

Thank!!
Actually the company use all their server based on windows, but I want to deployment (bit a bit) a Linux scenario. At least all server
I hear that exist an application ("Wine") that emulate some windows applications in Linux

My question is with OpenLDAP I can restrict the privileged (for disable that user changes his IP address, for example) of the user in his respective desktop (once their logging in their respective session)???
Regards

You are talking here about users PC no? That is more how your PC staff masters the inners of BIOS and Windows registry... But I see no reason why users would want to change their IP, all they gain is a big risk of not having any more connection and having to call the support and get a blame for messing their configuration...
My concern is that I suspect you are not using simple AD only but may have also some security tools linked with it suchas radius or GINA and some fancy MS proxies...

I don't think that you need to choose between managing Linux and Windows servers. For example, you can use Active Directory to manage the usernames and passwords in Linux. I have used system with AD managing connections but I did not install or set that up. So I am not sure how to install it.

The thing you might want to focus on is maintaining a single sign on across all servers and workstations and making sure that everyone has access to the applications that they need and that they work.

Having said that, for me anytime I can kill something that only runs on Windows and convert to something that runs on Linux I would do just that. But you have to find the business need to migrate from one application to another.