all tcp are CLOSED on SCO Unix on VMWARE

Hi folks,

First of all, sorry about my english, isn't the best and thks for advance.

Here es my problem...

I have virtualize an SCO unix with VMware ESX 3 and everything was going on beatifull until that i try to connect from anorther host, i can't do it so i check the connection with "nmap" from a linux box to the interface of the SCO and it show me that i has all port closed except 8000 tcp, then a go to unix box and run "netstat -an|grep tcp" and show me this:

tcp 0 0 .80 *. LISTEN
tcp 0 0 *.* *.* CLOSED
tcp 0 0 .22 *. LISTEN
tcp 0 0 .23 *. LISTEN
tcp 0 0 .21 *. LISTEN
tcp 0 0 .25 *. LISTEN
tcp 0 0 .110 *. LISTEN
..... and so on..

So a realize that the problem is the "tcp 0 0 *.* CLOSED" because i do a "telnet localhost 80" or "telnet localhost 22" and it connect perfectly.
I try to see if there is a firewall running but as far as i know SCO has't firewall buildin but i trying to search an iptables or ipnat route and there isn't any, i check "netstat -rm" to check routes and is everything ok. The network interface is OK because i can connect to other linux o unix box with ssh and is works sweets.
SO if somebody can tell what is going on or give me a tips i will appreciate so much.
Cheers

First let me qualify my answer by saying that I have not attempted what you are trying to do.

Have you run netconfig, and installed the device driver for the network card(s)?
Can you ping anything through the network card?
Are there any release notes, etc that might have come with the VMWare software?
Which version of SCO ?

Thks for the quick answer.
Yes i have run netconfig and i have installed the device driver.
Yes i can ping anything i want in my lan and i have configured dns too.
mmm release note? i think that vmware doesn't support sco because of that i have to follow a custom guide made it by a partner.
It's a 5.0.7.
Thanks you again and cheers

Don't know if this helps
How to install SCO Unix (Unixware 7.1.4, OpenServer 6.0.0 & 5.0.7) on free virtualisation software VMWare Server 1.0.3 or above ?

or this one
How to install and run SCO OpenServer 6.0.0 on the VMWARE ESX Server?

Thanks!!! i have manage to work!!!
I reinstall the networks interface and workit!! I only delete and install the LAN interface and it works!
Thanks to you!! :b:

Thank you to the user jgt!!! i have manage to work!
I reinstall the networks interface and work it like a charm!! I have delete the network interfaces, exit and enter and install the interface again and it works!
Thanks to you!! :b:
I love you all :p:p