AIX volume group

I'm trying to change volume group of a disk, I'm setting up a PowerHa cluster and need to create a volume group named caavg_private and assigne it to hdisk3.

what is the right methods (commands) of doing this?

hdisk0          00f9a6dc66a06fcf                    None                        
hdisk1          00f9a6dc66a06ecb                    None                        
hdisk2          00f9a6dc66a06d40                    None                        
hdisk3          00f9a6dc0302b2d1                    rootvg          active

---------- Post updated at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:52 AM ----------

When I'm trying to remove the disk from the volume in Smitty I get these errors.

0516-914 rmlv: Warning, all data belonging to logical volume
        hd11admin on physical volume hdisk3 will be destroyed.
rmlv: Do you wish to continue? y(es) n(o)?
0516-1008 rmlv: Logical volume hd11admin must be closed.  If the logical volume
        contains a filesystem, the umount command will close the LV device.
0516-1734 rmlv: Warning, savebase failed.  Please manually run 'savebase' before
 rebooting.
0516-884 reducevg: Unable to remove physical volume hdisk3.
0516-1734 reducevg: Warning, savebase failed.  Please manually run 'savebase' be
fore rebooting.

I don't think you want to mess with hdisk3 since that is where your operating system resides.

I did a google search for "setting up powerha" and came up with this link:

The PowerHA for AIX (formerly HACMP) cheat sheet

---------- Post updated at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:07 PM ----------

If you specifically want to use hdisk3 for your other volume group, you'll need to move the operating system volumes to another disk. Here is the procedure to do that:

Move Rootvg to New Disk AIX | Phil-Schaefer.com