AIX Remote Access

Hello,

I'd like to start my question with, is it possible to display the CDE of an AIX device with remote connection from Windows 7?

We normally use the Exceed application for this, though I need to connect to the device with VPN connection. With Exceed it goes through TCP, with VPN its UDP, and it gives an XDMCP error.

I've come to a result with Xshell, creating an SSH connection and opening applications such as xclock and the main application I need on the device in Xmanager. But its not enough as I need to see the whole display.

So to turn to my start point, is this possible :). I've tried export DISPLAY and other codes but no clue if its working.

I'm familiar with many systems but first time with UNIX. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thank you.

CDE supports XDMCP access by means of

*  # grant service to all remote displays

in either the original (text) file

/usr/dt/config/Xaccess

or by a custom file (superceding the original file).

/etc/dt/config/Xaccess

The location of the Xaccess file might differ in AIX.
After enabling you must restart the dtlogin process for an immediate effect.

Thanks for your response, though as I stated I'm not very familiar with the coding and it'll probably be the last time I'll be in need of such a request. Would it be possible for you to remotely connect to the Windows device through TeamViewer or else if I provide details?

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:44 AM ----------

For everyone's information, after installing Reflection Desktop X, which provides all types of connections, I was able to access the AIX device from my Windows client after proper configuration.

1 Like