AIX pseries install

Hello,

I'm very rookie to AIX and attempting to install AIX. I have vio ready on the machine and don't know how to install OS? Inserted Volume 1 DVD into the ROM, don't know what to do next. Searched many forum but cant find the this basic thing. Please let me know how to install AIX on this machine.

I'm need this AIX server up & running for a NIM install.

Thank you.

I used Google and type in "install aix" and this was in the first 3-4 hits:

Installing AIX
Scenarios: Installing AIX

Yeah, I saw them. Sorry for the confusion. I want to install AIX from vio prompt. I cannot find any information with that scenario.

Was wondering if I have to make ISO to go forward or can i directly install from DVD.

Seriously I cannot a single link which explains the Install from a vio prompt.

Sounds like a good article to write, however - first things first.

I assume you do not have an HMC, so you should be using IVM - Integrated Virtual Manager.

To use IVM you need to accept the license from the command line. Basically, you cannot do anything on the VIOS until you have done that.

Login to the IVM as padmin and use the wizard to create a partition.

A lot of this is quite easy, BUT if you do not understand how virtual ethernet is configured, it may be a bit difficult.

Ah, one command that may help to get started - giving an IP address after accepting the license.

login as padmin on the serial port
$ license -accept
$ mktcpip
Command requires an option.

Usage: 
       To add a static IPv4 address:
       mktcpip -hostname HostName -inetaddr Address -interface Interface
               [-start] [-netmask SubnetMask] [-cabletype CableType]
               [-gateway Gateway] [-nsrvaddr NameServerAddress
               -nsrvdomain Domain]

$ mktcpip -hostname myvios -inetaddr 192.168.252.252 -interface en0 -netmask 255.255.255.0 -gateway 192.168.252.1 -nsrvaddr 192.168.19.18 -nsrvdomain power.local

Then from your desktop/laptop: login the the IVM interface at:

http://192.168.252.252

(or http://myvios.power.local using hostname and DNS)

It worked, thanks alot for the help. I really appreciate your time.