AIX Print Queue

I am trying to print from Aix 6.1 using a remote queue to a Brother 7360N
All in one, I can see the printer, but only output is blank pages. My smit setup is:
Name of queue: testprt
Hostname if Remote Printer: testprt (I added name to etc/hosts)
Name of queue on remote printer: testprt (I believe this to be the issue, I have had past issues on Aix 4.3 regarding this problem where the name of queue had to be specific)
Type of print spooler: BSD

As I said I've tried many combinations of queue names, but none have worked. I haven't received much feedback from Brother regarding this.

Thanks!:wall:

No printer expert here but we have several thousand remote queues setup on our AIX 6.1 server. When you say a remote queue I take that as a printer that has an IP defined on it. So you have set up a queue on the AIX machine to print to this print server? If your manual or when you enter the setup don't specify a port name it could be hard. We have that issue on several different print servers. Some just take some default name and others like Trendnet must have a remote queue name of P1. Can you telnet to that IP on port 515 or 9100 to verify the print server is talking? Again not much help here but the port name might be found in the config page if you print it out or in the setup screens. Also I found out that you can't just modify the rq name in the qconfig file and save it. Even a re-digest will not do it or has not for me. I have had to remove the queue each time and re-add it. Hope something I have said helps.

Yeah, I can see it / communicate to it, but only blank pages come out!!
I have a another Brother unit, 8890DW, with a very similar print server
that I can print to fine, the only trick with that one was the queue name
had to be called: TEXT_P1 !! (Which obvoiusly doesn't work on the 7360N unit) I only have about 20 queues, some with quirky names like above, but I'l gotten all to work through trial and error except this one. I was hoping to find someone who has this same printer.

Thanks for responding...

I am having same problem with a Brother 7360N printer on AIX 6.1 did you get a solution ?

I somewhat gave up! I am still going to re-visit if I ever get any free time! I temporarily solved my immediate need by purchasing an
additional MFC, an 8510DN - which works fine using the queue name of:
TEXT_P1 !!! Go Figure. There must be some difference in the internal printserver in the 7-series .vs. the 8-series since I was able to get it working on models: 8510DN and 8890DW!!!!
If I do ever get a resolution, I will post it!!!!!
:rolleyes: