AIX OS level

I currently have 2 servers running AIX 6.1 on them, but the OS level is listed differently in WSM. I am fairly new to AIX and just re-installed the OS on one of the boxes that originally had 5.1 on it. It now shows 6.1.0.0, whereas the other one shows 6.1.3.0. I have been trying to figure out how to bring the 6.1.0.0 system up to 6.1.3.0 and haven't had any luck so far. Is there a guide for this? I am hoping that this will resolve the issue that I have been having with installing TSM 6.3.

---------- Post updated at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:28 PM ----------

I did check out the "How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX" and am going through the info there now. Hopefully this will help, though it looks like a lot of what I have been through already.

RiFamilyGuy,

You are on the right track looking at "How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL ..."
...I might suggest you Go to the section entitled:
AIX TL / Maintenance Level update

Additionally, the most current version of AIX on your two systems
is on AIX 6.1 TL 3 ... where as the most current TL of AIX 6.1 is TL 7,
which was released Oct 2011.
So, you should consider upgrading both of systems to AIX 6.1 TL 7.

Good luck,
-tony

As Tony said download latest TLs from IBM Fix center on both and upgrade them , that shld solve ur prob.

HTH
niv

---------- Post updated 05-17-12 at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous update was 05-16-12 at 12:00 PM ----------

6.1.3.0 - AIX 6 with TL1 and SP3
6.1.0.0 - AIX 6 with TL1

You can try to install SP3 from IBM and see if you can get it to the level needed.

HTH
niv