AIX JFS2 content

Hello!

I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM

topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb)
svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb)

but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage

svmon -P -O filtertype=client

and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages total(~1,3Gb)

there is difference or what did i do wrong?
Thanks in advice

not all data in the filesystem cache is held by processes, as long as there is no need to drop these pages because of computational pages, they are kept in the cache

to tune the filesystem cache, you may want to take a look at these vmo parameters:

numperm% 
    Defines the current size of the persistent file cache. 
minperm% 
    Defines the minimum amount of RAM the persistent file cache may occupy. If numperm% is less than or equal to minperm%, file pages will not be stolen when RAM is required. 
maxperm% 
    Defines the maximum amount of RAM the persistent file cache may occupy before it is used as the sole source of new pages by the page stealing algorithm. By default, numperm% 
    may exceed maxperm% if there is free memory available. The setting strict_maxperm may be set to one to change maxperm% into a hard limit, guaranteeing numperm% will never exceed maxperm%. 
strict_maxperm 
    As above, if set to 1, changes maxperm% into a hard limit. 
numclient% 
    Defines the current size of the client file cache. 
maxclient% 
    Defines the hard maximum size of the client file cache. 
strict_maxclient 
    Introduced in 5.2 ML4, allows the changing of maxclient% into a soft limit, similar to strict_maxperm. 
lru_file_repage 
    Introduced in AIX 5.2 ML4 and AIX 5.3 ML1, this influences the VMM page stealing algorithm. If set to 0, the algorithm will strongly prefer stealing file pages to satisfy memory requests.