aix installation on as400

Hi all!

Is it possible to install AIX 6.1 over preinstalled Power Systems server with AS400?.
Now hardware platfoem is identical.

IBM had two discrete Power Architecture based hardware lines since the early 1990's. Servers running processors based on the PowerPC-AS in the AS/400 (later iSeries, then System i) family running OS/400 (later i5/OS) and the POWER and PowerPC based servers and workstations in RS/6000 (later pSeries, then System p) running AIX and Linux. They merged to use essentially the same hardware platform in 2001/2002 with the introduction of the POWER4 processor. After that, there was little difference between both the "p" and the "i" hardware, the only differences were in the software and services offerings. With the introduction of the POWER5 processor in 2004, even the product numbering was synchronized. The System i5 570 was virtually identical to the System p5 570. In April of 2008, IBM officially merged the two lines of servers and workstations under the same name, Power Systems, with identical hardware and a choice of operating systems, software and service contracts.

I haven't done this, but in a 520 machine I have, there is an SMS setting to determine the boot mode ("A" or "I") so you probably can.

Also, I believe that the iSeries OS "i" can run AIX instances within itself (i.e. like a virtual machine), which may be of interest.

Thnx for response,
I'm not interest in AIX installation on partitions, i want complete server preinstall with AIX.
This boot mode can be answer. This is possible change of load source disks.

Okay. Here is the actual ASM config menu output from an IBM model 9110-510. Notice the reference to i5/OS partition mode boot.

S2> 4

AIX/Linux partition mode boot
Currently: Boot to SMS menu

1. Continue to operating system
 2. Service mode boot from saved list
 3. Boot to SMS menu
 4. Boot to open firmware prompt
 5. Service mode boot from default list
98. Return to previous menu without saving changes
99. Log out

S2> 1

Power On/Off System