Aix high cpu activity

Hello everyone

I have this process running on my server.

topas command

User 98.6 |############################

I have this process

Name PID CPU% PgSp Owner
db2fm 565264 25.6 1.5 ldapdb2
db2fm 348328 23.6 1.5 idsldap
db2fm 491706 20.5 1.5 idsldap
db2fm 594162 16.4 1.5 ldapdb2

My question is What can I check to see what's causing this high CPU activity.

This server always on almost 100% cpu use.

The database process is taking all the cpu. which command i neeed to see if I have more than one database.

or if I can see that there is a zombie process. I want to fix it the high cpu activity but dont mess up.

Thanks for your tips

You already gave yourself the answer. I am sorry to say, but since you don't know how to check which DBs are running on that system, I doubt you can find any performance problems inside DB2 that easy.

To see which DBs are there, connect to the instance and do a

list db directory

Since those processes you listed have "ldap" in their names, it would make things easier, if you explain what this DB is used for and what those users are doing.
But I guess it goes more into DB2/LDAP than into AIX itself. Else you might post some rows of vmstat, iostat and vmstat -v while these problems occure.

It's your LDAP DB2 instance is using so much.. thats kind of strange... hw many DB instances you have? You can use:

$DB2_INSTALL_DIR/instance/db2ilist 

to find the instances..

How many db2 agents running?

This process is not a instance process. That looks like the db2fm command and is used to configure the DB2 fault monitor.

can you paste in (please use the code tags for the output)

ps -u idsldap -f
ps -u ldapdb2 -f

I had this problem before, I remember. And yes, this is the way you fix it basically...

Fault Monitor processes is not required in normal cases. you can disable fm as the method specified in this page:

IBM - IY64683: DB2FM (FAULT MONITOR) RESPONSIBLE FOR HIGH CPU USAGE ON THE SYSTEM

What version db2 you care using? This is already a bug identified in version 8.1 FP6 and FP8. Give a try.