AIX Health Check script

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me put together a aix health check script that will check the status of CPU,Memory,Adapter, Filesystems (threshold 80%) and Disks.Im thinking of deploying a script to gather the required data in all the 22 servers and probably send out a mail if anything needs urgent attention and send the complete data to a centralized location where all the data can be stored. Appreciate if someone can give me better ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Don't forget inodes on simple UFS file systems. Memory does not run out, but swap does. This is really a lot of questions, unless someone wants to share one they wrote. You might get more response one at a time. Lets see, 'df' can tell about % available with the right options, and inodes available, too, and also checks NFS and local mounts. CPU checks for offline are very proprietary and model variant. Checking CPU Idle is easier, with 'vmstat' or the like.

with JFS2 on AIX you don't need to worry about monitoring inodes - they are dynamic.

SNMP would work great for this type of monitoring.

That would be my word "simple", as in "simple UFS file systems". Maybe AIX has none. I didn't see any last time I looked, as a JFS is pretty nice, but sometimes there are available or added for raw speed or whatever, and it is a good general UFS caveat in case someone mines these posts for other systems.

---------- Post updated at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:41 AM ----------

Some sort of thrashing monitor would also be nice, but thrashing systems tend to not run the monitor well, so you also need off-system monitors to tell you the box is seizing up. Onset can be sudden. Putting the reports off-host is good for the same reason.