AIX: DLPAR VFC - HMC v9

Hey All,

I have running dual VIOS on a P9 systems, and just created a new LPAR profile. My objective is to create LPAR Client VFC adapters, and then DLPAR VFC Server adapters on the VIOS.

In the HMC v9 Enhanced GUI, I have DLPAR a VFC adapter to both VIOS, however, you can't specify the partner adapter to connect to? Why is that?

Also, when I use command line to DLPAR the VFC adapters using chhwres with the -s option, to specify the partner adapter when adding in the VFC adapters to a VIOS, it says that the VFC adapter with X value already has the X value partner adapter already associated with another adapter.
e.g In the VIOS profile, an existing Server Fibre Channel Adapter has Adapter ID 14 and Partner Adapter ID 11, and I want to DLPAR Server Fibre Channel Adapter Adapter ID 15 and Partner Adapter ID 11 (for another LPAR of course) and it won't allow.

Command:

chhwres -m xyz123 -r virtualio --rsubtype fc -o a -p VIOS_A  -a  "adapter_type=server,remote_lpar_name=xyz123,remote_slot_num=14" -s 11

Why is this failing? All existing Server Fibre Channel adapters in the VIOS profile all have obviously different Server Adapter IDs but all pointing to the same Partner Adapter IDs to their own LPAR clients.

Moderator comments were removed during original forum migration.