AIX Can't see subdirectory that created from windows

Hi Gurus,

I export a share in Windows server 2016 and mount the share on AIX 5.3 using CIFS.

If I create a subdirectory in AIX, then windows can see the new subdirectory.

But, I create a subdirectory in windows, then AIX can't see the new subdirectory.

I dont know if the problem is AIX server side or windows.

Could anybody help me?

Just off the top op my head, can it be a permissions issue? What permissions are on the new Windows directory?

Hi Scott,

The new directory premission is the same with parent directory.

Perhaps it's a caching issue.

What happens if you unmount and remount the share from AIX, does AIX see the additional directory then?

Hi hicksd8,

I try to unmount and remount, but it's still can't see the directory.

Does the share in Windows include sub-directories, or does something on that side need to be refreshed?

(sorry for fumbling in the dark, but I seem to remember I had this problem years ago, but can't remember for the life of me how I resolved it, but permissions somehow sprang to mind!)

It's most likely a permissions problem as Scott says.

Searching the web it seems that it's not unknown. Although this example is regarding Ubuntu it is almost the exact same issue:

mount - I don't have permission to access the subdirectories of a mounted share I created - Ask Ubuntu

Seems like this problem can be common and you are not alone on this one.

Hi Scott,

Yes, my share in Windows are included sub-directories, and I can't it, either.

---------- Post updated at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:26 AM ----------

Hi Hicksd8,

I try to check the sub-directories under the Windows share, but it's seems all have the permissions.