AIX and any flavor of REDhat...

trying to load a Linux version on an AIX machine. Has anybody been able to do this?
Or is all IBM' software proprietory ???? Please if you have done it,
tell me how you did it .... thanks much...Have you installed an open
source Linux version ????

On AIX power systems architecture, Linux is supported and even endorsed by IBM.

IBM Power Systems running Linux

been there, done this.

Just to be sure: have you tried to install software for Intel Hardware? You need a distribution for POWER hardware.

Yes, IBM software is proprietary - but you want to install Linux, which is not IBM software, right?

Linux software is always "open source", so i don't understand what you mean by that question. If you want to accomplish a setup which is still supported by IBM you need to use one of the certified (certified by IBM, that is) Linux variants: Ubuntu Enterprise, SUSE Enterprise or RHEL (to my knowledge). If you just want to play around and don't care about support you can use any Linux distribution (for the PPC platform) you want.

If you have troubles installing: where exactly are you stuck? What was the error code/error message? In the general way you asked the question the answer is: put the installation medium into the drive and start the installation, but this is probably not the kind of advice you were after.

I hope this helps.

bakunin