Adding User to group

Hi all,

I have a existing user user1 its group id dba

i have created a new user named: uta and added to group dba

my task for creating uta ( to ftp solaris server from /oracle/pcmia/dry1 & oracle/pcmia/dry2 and get some rdf ( database patch) and saved in one windows folder named d:\patch ) and runs a bat file and apply the patch .

i can do ftp and apply the patch through user1 ( of the patch whose user1 is the owner )

but i am able to extract the patch from solaris server and store in windows folder ,but when i am cftp and copying the same rdf to unix server in the folder location iam getting permission denied .uts user is not able to apply the rdf(patch) through uta user as uta is not the owner of the patch .

i have given rwx permission to user uts on the folder then also i am not able to solve the problem.

for the time being i have duplicate the uid of user1 to uta .so that work is not effected .

kindly suggest .

You'll have to check the ACLs if they are right.

I have checked the ACL even i have given rwx for all the user of that group also even then problem is not resolved.

at last i have to assign the same uid of user1 to uta.

and now no problem is their .but i still think to not getting how to solve this issue in a good way apart from assigning same id