Adding OpenSSL required packages

Hello everyone, I made an earlier post about how to obtain the the expansion pack of AIX 7.1 knowing that i dont IBM support in the company i work in , or atleast if someone can provide me with something as local repository.

However i didnt get any answers, i found some websites provide non official ibm packages like open ssh and openSSL , however i stumbled in errors of missing packages like openssl.base 1.0.2.0.

If anyone know a good solution or if someone have the bundle i can use to install SSHon AIX would be much appreciated.

I'm shocked that you don't have OpenSSL and OpenSSH in AIX 7.1. I thought that was a default component from 6.x onward.

I believe that it's part of the expansion pack for 5.3, which I'm still caring for on occasion.

OpenSSL 1.0.2.0 seems quite old to me.

Are you sure that the packages from 3rd party site are for AIX 7.1?

What 3rd party site(s) are you looking at?

The third party site is used is AIXtools , they declared that their packages compiled specifically on v5.3 due to it's compatibility with versions upto v7.3.

I would associate the versions of OpenSSL that you're talking about with AIX 5.3, so that makes sense.

Do you have AIX 7.1 install media?

I would really have assumed that OpenSSL and OpenSSH are part of the base OS on 7.x.

Maybe it's an optional package that is on the media but not installed.

Can you tell me if that's the case , how to install these packages from install media , i tried to do so like i would normally do with linux iso images but didnt really know if the AIX iso contain extra packages , also it worth mentioning that i have AIX7.1 put into two iso files, however DVD1 is burnable on rufus , DVD2 is not . AIX installation was success with only DVD1, i had the thought that DVD2 might be the expanasion pack but still couldnt know how use , like if uhave any guide lines i would be greatful.

I have no first hand experience on AIX 7.x. But a search did turn up following Installing OpenSSH on an AIX 7.1 server. Please see if that will work for you.

I've got to say that I'm flabbergasted that OpenSSH isn't installed by default on AIX 7.1. I am glad to see that it's included.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.