Adding Multiple Files via Columns

I have a number of files with multiple rows that I need to add together.
Let say I have 10 files:

Each file has a great number of rows and columns. I need to add these files together the following way.

In other words, If, for example, file A occupies Columns 1 to 19, I want to add file B from column 20 to let �s say column 39 or whatever column it may be, then add file C from the end of file B to the next available bank column and so on until all the files are added.

I get this,

Look into 'man paste'.

If you want to append to a single line then try printf ("%s", $0) instead of print $0 (and a printf ("\n") or an echo at the end).

if i got this correct, you actualy need to read all first lines from all files then fix it in file or array, then read another line from all files and fix them and so on..

Which is effectively what 'paste' does...

Actually, I want to read the entire first file, in this case file A. Then I want to add the additional files as column arrays. Think about it as a matrix, instead of adding rows to file A, I want to add columns to it. Each file (B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J) would fill the empty columns to the right of the preceding file until all the files are entered.
So rather than having:

I want to have

Hope it's clear enough.

don't over-complicate the task - look into 'paste' first.

It seems to work vgersh99. I appreciate you!