Adding memory to a SunBlade 100

Question,
when adding memory to a SunBlade 100, are you required to add it in matched pairs? My current box has 2 x 256mb sticks of PC-133 ram. I tried adding 1 512mb sticks and the system failed to come up. I saw at Sunsolve that you can mix and match different sized memory.

You can mix and match, but in pairs. You have two pairs of slots, each pair must have matched memory, but the two pairs do not need to match each other.

Good idea, thanks

Grab the Service Handbook for your device:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/data/806/806-3416/pdf/806-3416-10.pdf

Bought a 512mb PC-133 stick yesterday from Micro center and installed it with my other 512mb stick. Turned on the system, it beeped once and did nothing. didn't come up or anything. I also tried both alone in the 1st pair of slots (1 and 2), same effect. Maybe I need to recheck the voltage on the DIMMs? Or could there be a jumper issue?

I also checked the system book referenced earlier and it looks like you should be able to mix and match the memory. See C6, Also further down it say that you should use PC100 memory SDRAM DIMMs. I'm currently using 2 x 256mb DIMMs in slot 0 and 1.