add administrator user to system

Hello

I have a new job and I need change the last user administrator, I dont know if is easier change some things about this user or add my user in the group with every permission, how can I do it. I dont know which is the group. I think is no only useradd en after modify /etc/passwd.

Tank you

It is unclear what you are asking for.

Is this about root and root aliases, "Primary Administrator" profile, "root" role or a group that would grant some privileges on your system ?

Also, what Solaris release are you using ?

Sure tanks

I need to create a new root user with all permissions as an administrator but the root user already exists with this identification card but I want to change the number of that card for my number and change the password. Or the other would create a new user.

Which is better, thanks

What identification card are you referring to ?

What Solaris release are you using (cat /etc/release) ?

The identification is a name is no important,

How can create one administrator user? and password? tanks

---------- Post updated at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:50 PM ----------

# cat /etc/release
Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
Assembled 16 August 2007

There are several ways to do it. Which one to use depends on the reason why you need a different account than root and what privileges you want to grant to it.

Either you carry on and do with the root a/c or create roles. Assign the roles to a new user a/c and use it.

I can do it tanks

You need to do it

if you want to modify user is already in the system you do the next

chmod -l "newuser" "olduser"
passwd "newuser"

cd /etc/ssh
vi sshd_config -> modify the user, add newuser

restart the service

svcs | grep ssh
svcadm restart svc:/network.ssh.default

best regards.

If you have the previous administrator's root password, why not do a "passwd" to change the password then? Isn't it easier? why would you need/like to have 2 root accounts?

I was need it, because tha past administrador had a acount with his name so I was need change for my name or my id and I didn�t know user group, you know how can I search the group for an user?. or how can you add new user in the system?

The only way I know of looking up groups is using the admintool. So try to look for it, and then you can search the group you want.

Another way to display which groups a user belongs to is using the logins command:

/usr/bin/logins -m

Yesterday I reinstalled my Gentoo and I did something what may help you

useradd -d /export/home/yourname -m -d /bin/tcsh -g root name 

now you simply create password using passwd command

passwd name

and that is that you have new user with root restrictions but is better to modify

/etc/shadow to remove root password and to create a new one :stuck_out_tongue:

Tanks Solaris_user, but I have this problem what do you thing, you can see the long is the same first user like second user and I logged in root.

root@admin # useradd -d /export/home/z7895214 -m -d /bin/tcsh -g root z6541236
UX: useradd: z6541236 name too long.
UX: useradd: WARNING: z6541236 has no permissions to use /bin/tcsh.

my fault I gave to you a gentoo command sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

instead of /bin/tcsh use /bin/zsh

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3996/screenshot3np.png

my Solaris accepted commands