Accessingand creating folders in Machines using IP

Hi all,
I am working on a project where I need to access four random machines from a given subnet mask and sending files across the machines similar to peer to peer file systems. Now my question is. Given a subnet mask or If I obtain a random IP address of a machine from Subnet mask, how can I create a folder in my remote machine with the IP address to store my files? I am using Java to develop this system and just started the implementation. I have this question of how to create the folder and store the files in the Memory of the remote machine. Please share your knowledge of doing this.
:wall::wall:

Thanks,
Pavan

Is this homework?

Actually Its not homework , its a proj asst given to us. I am not sure of how to access the folders and stuff in a Network and hence I posted here.

then it is a homework. atleast i feel that is :stuck_out_tongue:

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.