About search engine in unix

Hello,
How to create a search engine in unix using commands?...Atleast guidelines to craete this search engine...Thank you in advance.

wrong post....snipped

Using shell script it is possible to create search engine but i dont know how...i dont think its a wrong post

I meant i had posted in wrong thread and so snipped my post :slight_smile:

Thats okay but do u have any idea about my query?

Well i don't want to mislead you with my limited knowledge/experience on shell...all i can say is
a search engine would be better off with PERL language since that has flexible and efficient regular expression usage and is quick in processing...a search engine needs to be interactive as and when user types..well tats out of my knowledge in shell...
Gurus here shall drop their ideas soon..need not worry..be more detailed in what you want to search and what initial design you are having in your mind currently...

Finally what i would say is : UNIX: NO COMPROMISE

Thank you so much!!!this will also help me a lot!!

Also refer to the below link where this topic has been discussed once...

I also think your question needs to be narrowed down a lot. Right now it's pretty vague. 9 people could show you different things and none of them are likely to be what you want.

Like i want to do like page ranking implementation.But not exactly page rank.Is there any other search engine algorithms can be implemented?And how exactly?Sorry i am really helpless:wall:

You will want ways to

1) retrieve webpages. easy enough -- wget.
2) extract HTTP links from pages.
3) process these links for information.

But since you have told me this is a school project, you need to ask in the homework forum. Be sure to post information about your school when you do so, or we won't be able to help you.