Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All,

I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home)

And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating "Abort core dumped". When i checked the core file the message read as "swapfile only valid if -k".

What could be the problem. Is it that the partitin on which the files are getting created is not mounted with proper options(cos earlier also i have ran the application with equal amount of data but then the output was on the same partition and also i had unmounted the parition whcih is storing the output now and mounted it back again).

Thanks in advance

What command are you using to check the file? Is this a system dump or just a core file from the application?
What is the application?

The man page for adb shows the following:
-k Performs kernel memory mapping. Use when corefile is a
system crash dump or /dev/mem, or when using a swap-
file.

I think the error has nothing to do with the application but in how you are using adb.

HI Hoghunter,

What command are you using to check the file?
I am using Exceed which is gui to my unix server.in exceed i have to right click and i get some options, one of them is "Show Stack using adb", this opens the core file and displays the message.

Is this a system dump or just a core file from the application?
The core file is from the application(it got created in the application's folder, i guess it is from the app. How do you know a system dump?)

What is the application?
The application is actually a reporting software.(Actuate)

The core dump is from the Application.

Zing