Abnormal behaviour of Defunct processes.

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you all if my query is silly. Can you please clarify my doubts on defunct processes.
Actually coming to the scenario, i have a server which is under cluster environment. Server B is having problems with the defunct process. There was a cron scheduled on Server B which runs in a particular time on everyday and it runs only once in a day. The script calls some more scripts to collect system info executing comman OS level commands like prstat,sar etc... This scripts will be called via a specific port. When the scripts starts executing, normally 10-11 defunct processes will be created and will dissappear if the script complets its execution. But from couple of weeks its being sick to see that the defuncts created were creaping upto 1000+.
Also, a point of note: The defuncts will never appear on weekends i.e. saturday and sunday, even though scripts execute.
To ensure that the scripts are working fine, i went round the Server A and checked the scripts. I found no difference with them.
May i know why this is happening to Server B. Is there any performance issues with Server B?
Can anyone post in their ideas!!! what else i can check to solve this problem?:confused:
Many thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

Cheers,
Sai